…Creating Disruptive Innovation Pitch
Tomorrow we have been tasked with Pitching a Disruptive Innovation Pitch in 2 minutes.
My process for doing this today has been:
1. Read the notes from the previous lecture and get my mind around the disruptive innovation
2. Look at some of my previous ideas and compare to see if they are a disruptive innovation.
3. Use the Creative Whack Pack by Roger von Oech to try and create something new
4. Create a Metaphor for my pitch
The Creative Whack Pack
I have not tried these before, so I thought this would be a good experiment going through the process of creating and expanding ideas in a different way.
Reading through the cards and the booklet. I realised a block I have been having with idea generating and that was how do I judge and implement an idea. The whack pack has helped me become aware of four categories in the idea process:
– The Explorer – DISCOVERING places for new ideas.
– The Artist – TRANSFORMING Resources into new Ideas
– The Judge – EVALUATING and DECIDING on Ideas
– The Warrior – IMPLEMENTING Ideas
I did some of the initial exercises with the cards and had some interesting results.
YOUR CREATIVE STYLE EXERCISE
Past Month – I am more of a Warrior and a balance of the others. I need to improve my Artist. My personal creative style has improved over the past year to being more warrior like with an decrease in the other three areas from a year ago. Meaning I have become more reliant on a few strategies to generate ideas.
Past Year – An even spread apart from the judger which was low.
Never – Lots of cards of each suit apart from the Warrior which only had one.
My strongest pile was the Warrior and the Weakest was the Judge
THE METAPHOR EXERCISE
This was a hard exercise to compare some of my ideas with something else. I did come up with a few.
Lets see how it goes tomorrow.